Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Assistant Country Director – Programmes
Deadline: 31 May 2019
Who We Are
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 have gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on livelihoods, nutrition and WASH.
Career Opportunities with GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer to all individuals seeking possible employment with the organisation. We are looking for a suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated Assistant Country Director-Programmes to lead the GOAL Zimbabwe Programmes team on a fixed renewable duration of 12 months. The incumbent should be a Zimbabwean national or entitled to work in Zimbabwe as per immigration laws of the country. Potential employment seekers are therefore invited to apply.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Country Director, the Assistant Country Director Programmes (ACDP), is a key member of the GOAL Zimbabwe Senior Management Team who will mainly contribute to the overall development and running of the country programme. The role of the ACDP is to provide overall leadership, management and strategic vision in the implementation and expansion of the GOAL Zimbabwe programming including creating and revising programs, raise funds, and ensure compliance with relevant stakeholder relations.
Summary of Key Duties
- The ACDP takes a lead role in development and resilience activities including directly managing the senior employees responsible for the day to day implementation of programme activities;
- S/he directly manages the technical team to ensure that programme activities receive maximum support and advice;
- Take a lead role in finalising both donor, government and all other relevant reports;
- The incumbent will be responsible for development of proposals for submission to donors;
- The ACDP will ensure that year on year planning of activities is participative, appropriate, and achievable;
- The ACDP will be a key figure in new business development and expansion responsible for determining the nature and scope of activity expansion, both for current and new activities;
- The ACDP will ensure that GOAL’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning mechanisms are effective and enhance project impact and planning;
- Deputise for the Country Director and represent GOAL to donors, government, NGOs and media;
- Represent GOAL in inter-agency coordination responsibilities.
Person Specifications (Attributes and Qualifications)
- The ideal incumbent should possess a minimum qualification of a first Degree in any of the following: Agriculture, Rural Development or equivalent. A Masters’ Degree in the relevant field is desirable;
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in effective and traceable implementation of Food Security;
- Nutrition and WASH Programmes;
- Extensive experience in managing at least one multimillion-dollar grant in a consortium a must;
- Well versed in market-based systems approaches and livelihoods programming;
- Ability to train in the use of participatory methodologies;
- Highly conversant with monitoring and evaluation tools and approaches;
- Analytical and strategic planning skills, strong organizational skills and an ability to plan projects and activities;
- Experience in developing and implementing exceptional program proposals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others and a good and exemplary leader;
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of cross cutting issues including HIV/AIDS, gender equity issues, environmental management, Child Protection and their relevance to humanitarian response work is an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge and ability to apply the People in Aid Code, SPHERE code, GOAL policies procedures and other regulatory codes.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer:Chimanimani / Chipinge 22 May, 2019