Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Analyst, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit:http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
VMMC Program Overview
In 2007, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) was recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention package in countries with a generalized HIV epidemic and low rates of male circumcision. Compelling scientific evidence has shown that circumcision reduces the risk of female-to-male sexual transmission of HIV by up to 60%. Zimbabwe was one of 14 countries in Sub Saharan Africa which stand to benefit greatly from VMMC in terms of HIV infections averted by 2025. As HIV remains a major public health challenge in Zimbabwe, the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) has adopted and prioritized VMMC as a national strategy to add to the suite of interventions designed to end HIV and AIDS by 2030 as part of the global commitment towards the HIV and AIDS response.
The Analyst will support CHAI Zimbabwe’s Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) program in the operationalization of the national VMMC Sustainability Transition Implementation Plan (STIP), 2019-2021) as the country strives to meet its scale up target and smoothly transition into sustainable programming. The Analyst will primarily focus on conducting analysis and developing syntheses to inform work across the different pillars of this work. Although initial competencies required for this work will be technical and analytical, the individual must be geared to quickly broaden their capacity within a collaborative team environment. It will be important to demonstrate and apply both quantitative and qualitative skills while also showcasing the ability to understand the big picture of the project i.e. develop and communicate the strategic level ideas and how they can lead to impact, be able to break these strategies down to the required activities and do the analytics to support the work.
The position will require local travel to meet key stakeholders particularly the Ministry of Health and Child Care and key funding and implementing partners within the VMMC space.
The Analyst will be a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and strong communication skills. They must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Quickly understand the rationale for the VMMC program in Zimbabwe, including intimate knowledge of the history and context
- Be aware of developments in this fast-moving landscape and synthesize analyses findings into reports, presentations that will be used as evidence and advocacy for VMMC policy change
- Understand the post-scale up trajectory of the program and support the MoHCC in planning for a sustainable integration of the program
- Support the data collection and analysis processes as and when required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Sciences, Business or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Good analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
DanChurchAid - is looking for Research ManagerHarare, Zimbabwe 13 Nov, 2018
Global Blockchain Talent - is looking for Independent Sales Rep (Commission Only)Zimbabwe 13 Dec, 2018
DanChurchAid - is looking for 4 (Four) x Social Protection Project OfficerEpworth 8 Jan, 2019
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) Zimbabwe - is looking for Program Officer, Malaria EliminationZimbabwe 20 Feb, 2019
DanChurchAid - is looking for Mobile Cash transfer EnumeratorsZimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019