Analyst, Laboratory Systems
The Clinton Health Access Initiative
The Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Work with the CHAI country and global teams and other key partners to adapt and/or develop strategic and implementation plans to strengthen laboratory diagnostic services in Zimbabwe
- Map the national HIV testing landscape and key national prioritiesIdentify evidence and data based system strengthening opportunities
- Assess the need for and scope of new technology scale-up
- Assist in the development and implementation of National Laboratory Plans, including logical technology selection decisions, algorithms, policy guidelines, strategic and operational planning for sample and results transportation, costing etc.
- Advocate, where appropriate, for the introduction of new HIV testing technologies with the MOHCC and other key partners and subsequently obtain government buy-in, including requisite formal approvals for new technology evaluations
- Assist in the design of evaluation protocols and implementation of a select number of operational pilots to develop evidence on the impact and cost-effectiveness of POC technologies; and support strategic deployment and rapid uptake in the country
- Develop work plans and budgetary projections for the respective area of work and execute plans within approved budgets
- Conduct research and subsequently assist in the design, set up, and implementation of EQA programs for selected POC tests and monitor program performance and participation in collaboration with the MOH.
- Assist in the creation of effective and sustainable training programs, quality assurance programs and data management systems to support accelerated roll-out of new HIV testing technologies.
- Assist in the development of technical guidelines, formats, checklists and other requisite monitoring tools in collaboration with MOHCC and other key partners
- Provide timely, concise and thorough written progress and review reports for donors, management and staff
- Work with other CHAI Zimbabwe teams and MOHCC departments to maximize on internal experiences and expertise in the design, roll out and monitoring of programs.
- Represent CHAI in a number of technical working groups, speaking adequately to the work that we do
- Develop and maintain key relationships with external stakeholders and key players in the diagnostic space to ensure productive working relationships that build on CHAI’s reputation
- Serve as a resource to the MOHCC for quantification, forecasting, planning and resource mobilization needs for diagnostics and drugs
- Support other activities as directed by supervisors and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Science, Business or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in consulting, research or related
- Strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
- High level of technical proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel at short notice and on a regular basis
- Experience in composing high-quality briefs, proposals, technical reports, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is desirable
- Experience in conceiving, planning and executing programs or projects with verifiable results and little external support
- Background in health-related field, laboratory science
- Experience in conducting academic or medical research
- Previous experience with CHAI or another similar organization
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc - is looking for Manager, Health Financing and Health WorkforceHarare, Zimbabwe 27 Nov, 2018