Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Deadline: 16 August 2019
Workplace: Harare (Zimbabwe) with several mission in the project area
Start and Duration: from September 2019, the duration of the assignment to be negotiated.
COSPE is looking for an Agribusiness Expert with the task of supporting the management of the Inclusive Poultry Value Chain (IPVC) project.
The agribusiness expert will be involved in value chain transformation, in order to develop a decentralized small-scale feed production strategy. She/he will also be responsible for providing technical assistance to producers and traders and collaborate with partners including private enterprises, community-based organizations and NGOs to leverage project resources, avoid duplication of efforts and ensure complementarities, supervising and monitor implementation of value chain activities with a focus on improving profitability and input-output market enhancement.
Duties and main responsibilities
- Identify the bottlenecks in the production processes to reduce costs and increase profitability;
- He/she will coordinate the whole VC component including the involvement of experts and partners;
- He/she will guarantee to address and realization all the products planned or connected to the VC for COSPE;
- He/she will coordinate meetings with staff of the partners and direct their specific work in VC in all the overlapping components;
- He/she will guarantee the due connection between expert of other sectors, for instance, AN, DRE and Quality;
- He/she will work closely with key stakeholders to coordinate the overall implementation of value chain components;
- He/she will prepare detail work plans and progress reports on value chain component;
- He/she will work with the technical team using the provided map of the value chain including main actors, flow of products, infrastructure facilities, financial institutions and all supporting organizations;
- He/she will provide technical support for the formation of CBOs and associations or producer groups in different enterprises including feed producers, broiler and eggs producers;
- He/she will provide support and guidance for the gathering of data and information needed to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of activities related to value chain and marketing;
- He/she will organize and facilitate discussions on agribusiness policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector;
- He/she will conduct market assessments;
- He/she will prepare clear and concise reports in line with the requirements.
- He/she will perform other related duties as requested
- University degree in Economics, Agribusiness or related subjects;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the poultry value chain;
- Proven experience in African rural context;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Personal Commitment and high level of integrity;
- Sharing of the COSPE mission, values, codes of conduct
- Master and/or Ph.D. in Economics, Agribusiness or related subjects;
- Previous work experience in Zimbabwe;
- Knowledge of Italian and/or Shona.