Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the office operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery. The incumbent is responsible for the provision of front office and direct administrative support services including secretarial services to the Office.
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with AFRODAD rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Ensure that all meetings and events, including board meetings receive timely and adequate administrative support.
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, as required.
- Perform routine administrative functions, including coordination of administrative and operational methods and procedures required to effect efficient and uniform operations of AFRODAD.
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collect information and documentation for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required.
- Maintain a record of suppliers and initiates procurement processes for office suppliers and services such as security, utilities, communication, courier, etc.
- Provide administrative backstopping and logistic support to Programmes staff (e.g organising meetings, maintaining contact details for all partners of AFRODAD.)
- Take notes during official meetings, type and ensure that they are circulated to relevant officers.
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
ROLE RELATED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven academic background. Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, secretarial studies or equivalent any social science.
- Excellent communicator in English with highly developed and convincing presentational skills, allied to a first class ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Organised and efficient.
- Manage facilities including meeting rooms.
Essential experience and knowledge:
- Over 2 years experience in Administrative functions.
- A Clean and Valid Driver’s License.
- Use ICT facilities for communication and administration work (Word processing, electronic filling, database creation, etc).
- Communicate effectively.
- Work with prescribed systems and procedures (Management Manual).