In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations. DCA is seeking the services of a well-qualified and experienced Research Manager (RM) for one of its programmes currently being implemented in partnership with local NGO partners.
The RM will be responsible for the leading on the research needs of DCA’s Active Citizenship programme in Zimbabwe in order to inform evidence-based advocacy, learning and knowledge management in the programme. He/she will work closely with the Active Citizenship Programme Manager and with the implementing partners.
The Research Manager will be responsible for -:
- Identification of learning questions for the AC programme, research design; data collection including management of online survey platforms; data analysis; compilation of research reports; and packaging, dissemination and communication of research findings.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the AC programme. This entails design of programme scoping and needs assessment, baseline studies, reviews and evaluations.
- Representation of the AC programme on advocacy platforms locally, nationally and internationally
- Capacity development of partners in research and knowledge management. This will include training, mentoring and accompaniment of partners on research, learning and knowledge management.
- Assisting in projects design and fundraising activities for the DCA Zimbabwe country programme.
- Coordinate learning and knowledge management in the Active Citizenship programme.
Required qualifications and skills
A Master’s degree in Development Studies/ Local Government or related fields; a minimum of 3 years of work experience in research management positions in NGOs or International agencies; vast knowledge of the governance sector in Zimbabwe; ability to work independently with minimum supervision; ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment; excellent skills in written and oral English language and evidence of other work produced; good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders; strong IT skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualiﬁed candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company