Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
2 (Two) x Watsan Officer
- Assist Watsan manager in implementing WASH infrastructures, monitoring progresses and capacity building the watsan team of assistants and community volunteers. Ensure teamwork developed among watsan staff;
- Produce detail implementation plan for the watsan program. Periodically, update and ensure that progress is in accordance with the plan;
- Plan, organize, implement, monitor the Water and Sanitation activities;
- Organize data and information, Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of projects/ program implementation;
- Prepare biweekly and monthly implementation work plans, cash forecast, and vehicle plans;
- Prepare bills of quantities and order materials and equipment as necessary and link with logistics to present to the Watsan Manager for approval;
- Supervise the implementation of the project following the established procedures and mechanisms for deployment of material to identified areas;
- Work with community and implementing partners in general WASH issues;
- Establish/reactivate and train water committees on basic care and maintenance of water schemes, monitor and ensure water committees in Operation and maintenance;
- Ensure that the Water Quality Assistants conduct quality water quality testing and disinfection/chlorination;
- If required, supervise all contracted activities under the project;
- Produce detailed written reports on a regular base according to IRC’s format to present to the Watsan Manager;
- With assistance from the Watsan manager, conduct staff performance evaluation timely and constructive feedback given to staffs.
Qualifications and skills
- Diploma or above in Water Supply technologies/water resource development or related subjects from Technical and Vocational Training Centers; Good command in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of the local language, culture and computer skill is an asset.
- Demonstrated, at least three years, of practical experience in construction/rehabilitation of water supply systems (especially in construction/repair of water points, pipeline and boreholes);
- Demonstrated experience in managing labor and material at construction site;
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing community;
- Good computer skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Hygiene Promotion Assistants X3Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Hygiene Promotion Officers X2Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Drivers X3Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019